An Embodied Exploration of Permaculture
In this weekend, you will have a chance to explore what it means to live an embodied life within the context of permaculture.
- Are you wanting to feel more connected to your body, breath and sensations, like you actually live comfortably in your own skin?
- Curious to learn about permaculture, but youre not yet ready for the commitment of doing a pdc course?
- Do you long to meet others who share these same values, and have a chance to connect and create community?
Very simply put, permaculture, historically a land-based design system, teaches us to interact with the ecosystems we are part of through a holistic lens to become effective stewards of the Earth. Typically used for homestead design, we believe this framework is just as relevant in learning to design harmonious relationship in our own lives, as embodied, connected beings.
In this engaging intensive, we will combine structured and unstructured movement, embodied practices and components of various healing arts with discussions on this vast system known as permaculture.
We believe that true permaculture practice is most effective when we can observe and interact with our own bodyminds in a way that is curious, resilient, intelligent and playful.
Well focus on:
- Introducing some of the foundational principles, ethics and frameworks of permaculture
- Sourcing ways to know your own bodys needs, limitations and preferences
- Learning how the Zone Map can apply to your life, whether you live in a dense urban neighborhood, forested woodlands, or in the suburbs.
The weekend will consist of solo, partner and group exercises designed to bring us into a state of more engaged connection with our own bodies, breath and sensations, while we expand the possibilities for satisfying ways of relating to others and the landscapes and communities in which we live our lives.
Come join us, and help grow the expanding field of embodied practice, permaculture, and conscious community!
RIO FIORE LMT, 200YTT, CPD
LEAH VAN WINKLE, M.A., CTP, E-RYT-500
September 14 & 15
10 AM - 5 PM each day
BACK TO LIFE URBAN SANCTUARY
171 W. Thompson St. Philadelphia, PA
$175-250 Sliding Scale
(brown paper tickets)
or by emailing
email@example.com (Rio) or LeahVanWinkle@gmail.com (Leah)
Get Back to Life Urban Sanctuary
171 W Thompson Street
Philadelphia, PA 19122